Candy Hearts Exchange 2024
Thank you for reading this letter! I hope you have fun writing for me; while I’ll give some prompts for each pairings just to give you ideas if you wish it, please note that they’re only suggestions and I will love your own ideas. If you want to go in another direction, absolutely do so! I’m here to read you, not me.
As an aside, I'm scatterbrained and I often
1. GENERAL LIKES
Those likes are only indicative: I enjoy a ton of (sometimes very) different things that I can absolutely forget to list!
ART LIKES
- Hands (clutching, holding, clawing...)
- Symbolism alluding to canonical events (objects, gestures, gaze...)
- Playing around with colours (weird colours/lighting, colour palettes, etc)
- A character with an hairstyle different than usual (messy hair, or long hair tied back, etc.)
- Your own art obsession
WRITING LIKES
SFW (general):
- anything from casefics, action, mysteries to more romance-focused stories.
- Banter, dark or irreverent humour/ideas...
- Should you want to, side characters/side pairings you like appearing (for instance, the requested pairing's flirting being observed by character Y).
SFW (original):
- Your Own Personal Touch(TM). Have very personal worldbuilding ideas? Very specific archetypes you like? Self-indulgence everywhere? I'll love it!
- Conflictual relationships! Whether it's two people loving each other very much but also butting heads a lot, two enemies who don't know if they hate or lust/love each other more, exes with a complicated past.
- One character/a pairing terrifying or testing the patience of their surrounding: tricksters, murder spouses, someone Very Good at their Very Dangerous job, weirdos in love…
- Friends to lover, enemies to lover, enemies to very confused enemies who have sex
- Weird and/or morbid customs, weird relationship with death (being immortal, regeneration, resurrection, seeing ghosts...), undead, etc.
- lovecraftian stuff just lovecraftin’ around,
- … and any other dynamic you can think of, really, as long as it’s not in my DNW!
NSFW:
- Monsterfucking (relatively humanoid; extra limbs, superficial alterations, surprising amount of eyes/no face/etc are okay, but a big bag of tentacles or a completely animal form isn't really my thing)
- Roughness: fighting-fucking, bruising, scratching, blood, power dynamics... On both side of the equation is my favourite, but I'm also okay with only one character!
- Hatesex! Conflicted sex that's a Bad Idea But Still– ! Tearing into each other and loving it in spite of themselves!
- Dubcon (fuck or die is always lovely), or indifferent sex turning far better than Character(s) had expected
- On the opposite, fun sex where both characters are bantering and laughing/just having a Really Nice Time
- Switching! Whether shown or alluded to.
- Any light kink you like, to be honest. If you like it and it's doesn't involve my DNW, I'll like reading about it!
2. DO NOT WANT
SFW (fanfic-specific):
- Unrequested sexuality/gender/disability headcanons
- Alternate universes (canon divergence are okay)
- Character bashing; fourth-wallish creator/setting bashing.
SFW:
- Mundane settings/powerless settings.
- Outright bad endings (death, everyone being super unhappy, horror-type endings...). If it's a dysfunctional pairing, though, I'm perfectly okay with open/ambiguous/bittersweet endings, or endings that make them happy in a twisted way.
- Ace or aro characters in a / pairing.
- Graphic torture onscreen/described.
- Whump and extreme angst (self-mutilation, PTSD or the character’s depression/misery being the center of the piece...)
- Pure, naive character/big bad wolf or evil gloating villain/powerless victim archetypes (vicious/crafty victims who can bite back in their own way are very much appreciated, though).
NSFW:
- BDSM & public humiliation.
- More niche kinks like scat, watersports, body inflation, bestiality, mindbreak, age play, grooming... I'm fine with breathplay or knifeplay on the more "violent" scale.
- Noncon
- Underage under 14. I'm completely okay with adult/minors relationship if that's your jam, as long as the minor isn’t written as a pure and innocent thing being passively ravished.
3. PROMPTS
If I wrote less for a prompt, it’s not because I’m less enthusiastic: it’s because my imagination failed me. Everything I put in there, I love! I'm just hoping you'll have ideas in my stead (and you can absolutely dismiss my interpretation of a prompt if it doesn't suit your ideas! Again: I want to read you, not me!)
THE DARK SIDE DETECTIVE
It's odd and weird and fun and I love it. I'll be delighted if you played with this weirdness, and with Dooley/McQueen's mix of genuine friendship and the occasional conflict (Dooley's anti-establishment tendencies, McQueen's Tiredness in front of Dooley's dubious initiatives)
Patrick Dooley/Francis McQueen
Some prompts if you wish:
- Odd childhood misadventures
- Odd adults misadventures
- Puzzle shenanigans
- Another investigation
- There's only one bed, and it need to be broken for the puzzle's sake
- Attempting to confess in mortal peril
BUNGO STRAY DOGS
I love the dramatics of this fandom. Eccentrics everywhere! Flying whales and casino! Grand declarations! Killers killing not one, not two, but 837891 people! We’re going big!
Fandom-wide likes/prompts:
- Petty bickering between pairs, including life-or-death situations.
- Life-or-death situation being treated like errands.
- The situation is all Dazai’s fault, probably.
- Being undercover as a couple (or many couples)
- Having to take ridiculous/dangerous/both/other joint missions between the Detective Agency and the mafia
- Specific Twin Dark customs
Fandom-specific DNW:
- Chuuya not feeling his intense loyalty toward Mori and the mafia as in canon (so, no canon divergence where he’s not in the mafia)
- Focusing on Dazai’s possible depression. If possible, I’d love it if it was treated as in canon.
- Mori bashing. I'm absolutely fine with him being written as a ruthless mafia lord who'd sacrifice everything for the Mafia's sake, being loathed by the detective agency, etc., but I'd prefer if you didn't write him as Dazai or Chuuya's abuser, hated by the whole mafia, etc.
- Hurt/comfort.
Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Nakajima Atsushi (Bungou Stray Dogs)
I love their incessant quarreling, their mutual pettiness, and at the same time the way Akutagawa understands Atsushi far better than he’d like. Give me anything where they’re still occasionally bickering and I’ll be happy.
- I'm fine with Beast-like Akutagawa and Atsushi as well!
- Blood drinking!
Dazai Osamu/Nakahara Chuuya (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Their quarreling! The way they lose all maturity at each other’s sight! Their bitter divorcees energy! The way they’re absolutely vicious toward each other!
- I’m fine with pre- or post-canon, or canon divergence including variations on Beast
Fukuzawa Yukichi & Mori Ougai
They're both two very different men, both in temper and values, and very similar in their willingness to sacrifice themselves for their organization. I'm fascinated that Mori is the more "loyal" of the two, ready to sacrifice anything, including what he loves, to his causes, while Fukuzawa will trample on his principles to save his men; that Fukuzawa can hold his own in front of Ability users; I love both characters and I'd love something with them!
- Meeting accidentally at a tea salon/restaurant/holiday resort where they went to relax and trying to make the best of it?
- Some quiet time together
- Unwinding in their youth
Fukuchi Ouchi/Fukuzawa Yukichi/Mori Ougai
I'm very curious about this configuration. There's much to explore between three men of power tightly bound by their past -- at least, Mori and Fukuchi are tied to Fukuzawa, but there's also the military angle for Mori and Fukuchi. Anyway, whatever your take, I'll love everything you can come up with!
Jouno Saigiku/Suehiro Tecchou
They've both grown on me! Jouno as the lawful-evilest cop, Tecchou as this very honourable... and very specifically-minded cop. They both keep each other more-or-less-balanced and Tecchou cares so much about Jouno!! I'm sure it's reciprocal, each in their own way! I love them! \o/
- Waiving my hurt/comfort DNW for them! One caring for the wounded/hurt other (or both caring for each other?)
- Tecchou being adamant on teaching Jouno about proper tea ceremonies (I'm sure he'd be very good at them!)
- An unexpectedly ridiculous investigation
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
With this anon, I'm fully here for humour, tropes played sideways, clichés referred everywhere, etc.!
Mikoshiba Mikoto/Nozaki Mayu
The shadow couple! I love how they play up each other -- Mikoshiba being protective of Mayu and Mayu taking advantage of it/occasionally trying (lazily) to be useful, Mikoshiba's constant intensity and Mayu's single-minded focus to the exception of anything else...
- Fake dating, maybe because Mikoshiba just can't shake off that one devoted admirer or because Mayu names Mikoshiba as his boyfriend just so he doesn't have to go through the hassle of telling girls off, starts Feelings
- Having to play romantic scenes because Nozaki needs references for a BL manga project
- TImeskip: Mayu realizes that Mikoshiba is turning out to be his dream partner (= older, richer, will take care of him) and pursue him. Cue confused (but willing) Mikoshiba
EYESHIELD 21
Hiruma Youichi/Kongo Agon
I absolutely love these two! There’s so much to explore with these two characters – they were definitely friends at some point, in their own ruthless and opportunistic way, before Agon broke them up (out of jealousy?). The unsaid things between the two of them, the fact each of them is feared in his own way...
- An ambiguous (or not so ambiguous) moment before they "broke up"
- Being in the same team
- Post-canon : Hiruma managing Agon, Hiruma and Agon both being professional players
- HIruma spoiling Agon's date (and ending up as Agon's date)
GRANBLUE FANTASY
For this fandom, I'm open not only to side pairings as usual, but also to side pairings/crushes involving one of the requested characters, unrequested poly and the like.
I'm very fond of all characters; don't hesitate to make other characters appear/to set a plot around them if you like them!
Beelzebub/Belial/Lucilius
I'll just love everything about these three and their vraisembably very messy relationship.
Belial/Lucilius (Granblue Fantasy)
This is a terrible, dysfunctional pairing and I fully approve. I would like at least some semblance of interest being shown from Lucilius – perhaps a lust he doesn’t understand, or a shadow of interest in Belial, or more if you wish it! But I’m opting in to one-sided pining for that one (I’m also okay with simultaneous side pairings/side one-sided pinings involving these characters or others, like Lucilius > Lucifer or the like!).
- Post-canon: the two are stuck together – how does it go?
- Pre-canon, Belial and Lucilius relationship before it all blew up
- Sharing a dream
Belial/Sariel
They're two very different beings, and I enjoy the ambiguity of their relationship. Is Belial helping Sariel in a twisted way, or solely manipulating him for his own gain? How would it go if they met in current canon (perhaps if Sariel managed to free Belial and Lucillius?)?
- I'm open for (twisted/manipulative?) hurt/comfort with Belial comforting Sariel (or, to the opposite, Sariel taking care of a severely wounded Belial?
- Sariel being dragged in with Lucillius and Belial, and Belial thanking him in his own way
Belial/Sandalphon
There's the potential for a tonne of bitterness, messiness and not-so-controlled lust here, and I'm here for it! Canon divergence or post-canon hypothetics welcome
Belial/Lucifer/Lucilius/Sandalphon
This has the potential to be a mess with three very clueless people and Belial being perhaps the more aware/cynical of the three. I don't have any specific ideas, but go wild with anything from canon to canon divergence.
Cain/Reinhardtzar
I love their dynamic between cynicism and idealism, and Reinhardtzar being quieter and more experimented than Cain in some matters. Also, the way Reinhardtzar can’t admit that he genuinely care for Cain! His fear of losing control! Cain Very Much disagreeing!
I’ll love everything from them journeying together (with Leona?) to mission with the crew, being stranded together (possibly victims once again of some improbable summer hijinks?)… Small snippets of them falling in love, fuck-or-die pollen striking once again, one of them kidnapped – go wild! Points for size difference kink, because... well.
Cassius/Eustace
They're both quiet, efficient and not good at emoting and I love the way they play off each other!
- Cassius gets a new obsession: discovering sex, after hearing about it. Obviously, he asks Eustace for an (efficient) demonstration.
- Eustace requisitions Cassius for a few missions, hoping that keeping him from Beatrix/the most irrational members of the crew's influence will calm him down. It backfires (or not, or yes-but-finally-it's-not-that-bad?)
- Being quietly efficient and deadly (and perhaps a bit amoral?) together during a mission (perhaps trying to shield their teammate from hard decisions?)
Nehan/Six | Seox (Granblue Fantasy)
Note: please write Six/Seox’s name as you prefer!
So much bitterness, regrets and silence between these two! I loved Seox’ awkwardness, yet his attempt to reach out, while Nehan seems both terse and ready to give him a sliver of a chance. Given the potential dynamics of these two, I’d wave my BDSM DNW for them if you want to – but whether you give me an explanation between the two (finally!) and them eventually growing close, or a mission grown wrong (perhaps one of them – or both of them – have been hit by an aphrodisiac, and they were too young at the time of their clan’s destruction to be immunized yet? Perhaps they’re both stranded, huddled for warmth, and Ambiguity ensues and Seox dies of embarassment in the following days until Nehan go fetch him to bluntly solve the situation?)- Nehan forcing the confrontation, because Seox doesn’t dare;
- The crew messed up their holiday plan (or summer turned out full of nonsense as usual) and they’re both stuck together;
- Seox is poisoned and Nehan is called to deal with it;
- Etc, etc.
Hell’s Paradise
Aza Chobe/Aza Toma (HP:J Manga)
Co-dependance at its finest, starring two very amoral and devious brothers: yes.
- Accidentally growing too close
- Chobe is suffering from a Qi imbalance; Toma tries to help
- Toma crossdressing for Reasons; Chobe has Feelings(TM) (or, at least, Impulses, and Feelings about it).
Yamada Asaemon Sagiri/Yuzuriha (HP: J)
I love the contrast between Sagiri's straight-backedness and Yuzuriha's nonchalance! And the way Yuzuriha flirts nonstop with Sagiri and gets thrown off by Sagiri's honest affection! They're so good together!
- Yuzuriha trying her very best to seduce Sagiri, who's convinced it's yet another instance of Yuzuriha playing around;
- One of the two (or the two?) have to dress as fetching male samourai/noblemen for Reason;
- Travelling and seeing the world together;
- Sagiri gets drunk; Yuzuriha planned on enjoying it but instead ends up playing the straight (wo)man/damage controller
JUJUTSU KAISEN
This canon is very dear to my heart! I will love canon divergences as well as canon-compliance. I don't have a ton of ideas for that one, but I'd love to see your take and your ideas! Really!
Choso/Yuuji
These two deserve the world according to myself, the foremost authority on such things. I love the contrast between their appearance, the fact that both are so faithful and devoted to their cause, Choso's slight eccentricity -- and, of course, the dude never truly lived until a few months ago. I'm sure he has plenty to learn about brotherhood -- and perhaps a very peculiar vision of lust/sex and the social baggage around it? I trust your interpretations!
- Yuuji taking care of a wounded Choso for once, or the opposite. They both deserve it! And perhaps gentle touches/close contact get less chaste than initially intended.
- Canon divergence where Choso joined the sorcerers (perhaps Shibuya went less devastatingly?) and gets to live with Yuuji, who's still not convinced by that brother things.
- Canon divergence where they meet differently? Perhaps younger? Perhaps Choso has been sent by Kenjaku to supervise Yuuji when he was in his early teens and they're pretty close by the time canon happens?
Geto/Gojo
These two sound like exes who never got over their feeling for each other and I love it. They share so much, too! They're strong-headed, proud, powerful, loners each in their own way... And Geto twisted himself in a bundle of hate. Yet! The way he drops some of this when he talks to Gojo! His genuine smile at the end of JJK0!
I'm aware that my DNW about a focus on angst might make things difficults. Don't worry about toeing the line -- I will always lean on good faith, and I do enjoy the angst baggage that come with them! I would still like to avoid an explicit focus on extermely angsty themes (like a fic about "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF GOJO SATORU AS HE EATS ICE-CREAM, CRYING, FOR EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT") and no tears, please.
- Stolen encounters before JJK0
- Post-canon scenes (flirting in an airport, etc)
- Canon divergence where they were on the same side, whether "good", "bad", or utterly their own
- Geto is resurrected one way or another (as someone's summon? From his corpse? Summoned and bound to a body like the old sorcerers were?) Gojo gets out -- unhinged or not? Are they still enemies? How do they deal with it?
- Missions from their days as students, and how they fall in love through it (any Shoko cameo is more than welcome! I love Shoko.)
Getou Suguru & Gojo Satoru & Ieiri Shoko
They're very fun together, sassy and irreverent, and I love them!
- Missions from their youth
- Bothering their kouhai
- Post-canon: airport shenanigans (Shoko's revenge for the nonsense her friends put her through? Chilling together in a South country?)
DNW: The headcanon according to which Geto and Shoko are best friends and Gojo's this annoying friend they tolerate.
Higuruma Hiromi/Kusakabe Atsuya (JJK Manga)
Higuruma Hiromi/Nanami Kento (JJK Manga)
Yes, please. Competent adults with regrets! Shade of grey morality! Working together! I love them!
Zenin Mai/Zenin Maki
The bitterness, the way they're both very different yet share the same sharpness in some way... There's so much to cover about them!
- Mai is Maki's sentient sword and they can talk
- Snapshots of their relationship through their life
- Just, canon divergences (or not! Feel free to explore whatever you like)
Fushiguro Megumi/Itadori Yuuji
They share a fascinating dynamic. I love Megumi and Yuuji caring so sincerely for each other, trying so hard to protect each other, and Sukuna as this mean, knowing voice in the back of his mind! Megumi as the sharpest, most dangerous and amoral damsel in distress is hilarious to me, while Yuuji's definitely the more sensitive/fragile of the two.
- Casefic ?
- Megumi and Yuuji caring for each other/one for the other while Sukuna Disapproves
- Megumi and Yuuji just having a nice time because they deserve it, damnit
NATSUME YUNJICHOU
I’m familiar with both the manga and the anime, so feel free to pull from the canon you prefer! Should you wish to mix both prompts into a threesome/a V, absolutely feel free! I’m completely okay with other characters sharing the spotlight.
Prompts ideas:
- Case fics! Whether hunting together or as rivals (or both!).
- A quiet evening/moment of peace together (fleeing a social venue for Matoba/Natori?)
- The good old “being pressured to marry a good prospective wife” trope, as Natori and Matoba are heir?
Matoba Seiji/Natori Shuuichi
I love what we see of these two – two people in a solitary trade, in a solitary position, each with their own temper and ambition. They’re skilled, experienced, occasionally ruthless and I love the way they interact as two professionals and as two people who’ve known each other for years.
Additional specific prompts:
- Them having had a sort of unnamed, on-off relationship for year now – not-friends with benefits or something more ambiguous – and perhaps having to name it?
- Teaming up against a third exorcist?
Natsume Takashi/(&)Tanuma Kaname
Tanuma tries so hard to be someone Natsume can rely on! Learning to trust each other, a case (perhaps with Tanuma getting possessed by a seductive yokai?) turning awry, just them being sweet together, hurt/comfort...
I'm okay with both a / and & configuration, so do as you prefer!
imagination/eloquence writing this letter!
VANITAS NO CARTE
Noé Archiviste/Vanitas (The Case Study of Vanitas)
Just giving them some happiness, author, or steamy sex, or hurt/comfort! THEY DESERVE IT SO MUCH and Noé's just so sweet and needs to learn to treasure himself and Vanitas' so hurt and ;__;
- I'll love casefic as well! Being competent together, working as a team!
- Vanitas trying, in his own way, to protect Noé the next time they face danger, and Noé being very perplexed about it!
Noé Archiviste/Lord August Ruthven
I'm very interested about what you have in mind for this pairing! Please show me how dysfunctional (or oddly functionally)(or messily functionally) this could go!X
Sakurazuka Seishirou/Sumeragi Subaru (X/1999)
Monou Fuuma/Shirou Kamui
I wave my AU DNW for both these pairing, as long as it's not omegaverse/soulmate/other romance-based AUs! Whether it's different settings (the Clamp multiverse at work), canon divergence or playing around with the canon timeline, I'll love it. These are my first OTPs, so, go wild!
ORIGINAL
Female Knight on a Noble Quest/Helpful Witch Who is Very Distracting (F/F)
The lone F/F prompt. I'm rather here for humour and for the knight trying her best to overcome the witch's Distraction(TM), whether these distraction are on purpose or not, but follow your own ideas!
The Chosen One's Best Friend/The Dark Lord's Trusted Advisor
- Childhood friends having chosen very different life path but getting together once a week for beer and sympathy?
- Growing closer because they have to do something while their boss/friends duelled for the 81893139th time?
- Being the only ones who can understand each other's plight as the closest one to a Gary Stu/Dark Gary Stu?
Crown Prince Who Doesn't Want to Rule/Conquering Emperor He Surrenders to (OW)
I'd love it if the crown prince was this incredibly lazy/irresponsible/fear of commitment-ish person, and flourishing in captivity/concubinedom/etc ! But again, I'm sure I'll love your own ideas for it!
Demon Hunter/Demon Hunter Partner Who Is Secretly A Demon
Partnership! Trust (and the betrayal thereof)! I'd prefer it the demon was at least somewhat conflicted (or totally conflicted) about betraying his partner's trust, or at least was genuinely fond of him. Otherwise, I'm here for a casefic (where the human hunter might not even realize the truth about his partner?), or a PWP, or slow burn, or humour, or whatever you want to do!
Famous Cat Burglar/Detective Determined to Catch Him (M/M)
ALL THE TROPES. YES.
Mage/Warrior Sworn to Protect Him Who Hates and Fears Magic (M/M)
The potential for drama/misunderstandings/two very different, very proud men standing their ground/working together while bickering is absolutely delightful to me.
Male Isekai Hero/Male Big Bad Evil Guy (OW)
I'm here for All The Tropes, or All The Tropes being adverted -- pick your poison! It can be a harem-based isekai turning awry, or the hero knowing about isekai tropes and trying to escape them in the meta-iest way, or the hero trying to redeem the Big Bad Evil Guy and slipping somewhere along the way.
Powerful but Frail Mage Who Never Backs Down from a Fight/His Long-suffering Warrior Bodyguard (M/M)
I'm here for opposite attract-type pairs, and the frail but very aggressive type is catnip to me!
Powerful mage/Equally powerful rival who accidentally got them soulbound together (M/M) (OW)
Enemies to lover, the magicial equivalent of There Was Only One Bed (And The Bed Was The Annoying Type), frantically trying to hide the consequence of the bond/the bond (or pretending they did it on purpose)...
Precocious Boy Magician/Eldritch Nightmare in a Human Suit who he Summoned (M/M)
- I'd love it if the summoning had been done on purpose, either to mess around, to create a legal tutor for himself, to have a friend, to see how it was...
- Is the Eldritchian nightmare more of a protector/bodyguard?
- Or trying to pretend to be the boy's tutor/older brother/father?
- There're many possibilities, so go wild as long as it doesn't hit my innocent victim/big bad wolf DNW!