sen: (Default)
sen ([personal profile] sen) wrote2021-06-14 11:37 pm

[OWO 2021] Dear Writer

Dear writer,

Thank you for reading this letter! I love to discover others’ universes and takes, and I’m eager to read you!


1. General likes
Those likes are only indicative: I enjoy a ton of (sometimes very) different things that I can absolutely forget to list! These are only here to help you if you're searching for inspiration.

SFW-wise:
- Your Own Personal Touch. Have weird worldbuilding ideas? Very specific archetypes you like? General weirdness? I'll love it!
- Banter, irreverent humour/ideas... I like intricate and serious universes as well as silliness (or why not both!)
- Weird and/or morbid customs, weird relationship with death (being immortal, ressurection, seeing ghosts...), undeads...
- Conflictual relationships! Whether it's two people loving each other very much but also butting heads a lot, two enemies who don't know if they hate or lust/love each other more...
- Or two people being terrors for the rest of the world, whether because they're tricksters, murder husbands, Very Good at their dangerous job, weirdos in love...
- but any dynamic you can think of, really!

NSFW:
- Switching! Whether shown or alluded to.
- Monsterfucking (relatively humanoid; extra limbs, alteration, no faces/surprising amount of eyes/mutations/etc are okay -- but a big bag of tentacles isn't really my thing)
- Roughness: fighting-fucking, bruising, scratching, blood... On both side of the equation is my favourite, but I'm also okay with only one character!
- Hatesex! Conflicted sex that's a Bad Idea But Still--!
- Dubcon
- On the opposite, fun sex where both characters are bantering and laughing/just having a Really Nice Time
- Hand kissing, finger sucking...
- Anything that's hot for you, to be honest, except for DNW. If you like it, I'll like reading it!


2. Do Not Want
SFW-wise:
-  Ace or aro characters in a / pairing.
- Bad endings ): I’m baby. If it's a dysfunctional pairing, I'm perfectly okay with "endings that make them happy but not the rest of the world"! I just want two smiles.
- Contemporary settings/powerless settings.
- Focusing on homophobia, classism, transphobia, sexism, etc. I’m okay with it being mentioned, but I’d prefer if it wasn’t the focus of the piece.
- Torture or amputation.
- Whump and extreme angst.

NSFW-wise:
- Aegaho
- BDSM
- Extreme kinks like scat, watersports, body inflation, bestiality, mindbreak, age play... I'm fine with breathplay or knifeplay.
- Noncon
- Underage under 15. I'm okay with adult/minors relationship if that's your jam!

REQUESTS: F/F
Again: those are only suggestions if you're looking for inspiration! I'll be happy with anything.

Female Knight/Court Sorceress
-  I'm all for the cliché here: an honourable, uptight knight and a crafty, pragmatic sorceress? Colour me willing!
-  Or the opposite: a crafty, jaded knight and a sorceress bound by Rules of Magic And Deserving That Power or the likes?
-  Being sent on a mission together or butting heads on official advice!
-  Getting together, or not being aware themselves that they were together because what started as antagonism with benefits (?) is growing out of hand?
-  Or: best (bickering) friends starting to grow closer?

2) Female Necromancer/Her Undead Lover
-  Death themes are my jam. Feel free to play around with magic weirdness, macabre humour...
-  Is Lover an undead "from the start", like a self-made lich or a vampire? Or is she the result of Necromancer not dealing with her mortal lover's death?
-  Lover being predatory/hungry over Necromancer (but Necromancer has the power to keep her at bay)
-  Lover being predatory/hungry over Necromancer (and Necromancer doesn't have that power)
- 
Lover and Necromancer being sassy murder wives
-  You'll have guessed it, I'm more in it for two women who love each other in weird circumstances than for character conflict.

3) Wielder of Cursed Blade/Cultivator Teaching Her Self-Discipline
-  I've less ideas for that one, but no less enthusiasm!
-  Mentor/mentee relationship!
-  Is Cultivator a human or a tree/beast who cultivated into human form long ago?
-  I'm open for warmth, angst, anything you wish for. I'm okay with tear or past whump for that one!

4)  Supervillain Sister/Superheroine Sister
-  Identity porn! Are they flirting (or hateflirting) under one identity and hating each other with the other? Or do they know?
-  Conflictual relationship! Cat and dog bickering or pettiness, bratty bickering or more serious conflict...
-  I'm less here for social drama and more for dramatic insect (or twincest) in a more pulpy setting. Whether you want to write dark or humour, I'll love it, but I'm not too keen on a very heavy focus on culpability only.

REQUESTS: M/M
Again: those are only suggestions if you're looking for inspiration! I'll be happy with anything.

Chivalrous Male Knight/Male Witch Who Is Feared But Actually Good
-  Misunderstandings! Having to rely on someone you mistrust!
-  Differences in values/outlook/loyalty!
-  Is Male Witch actually the kinder of the two?
-  Or no, and he's good but not nice?

Honorable Warlord With Dark Reputation/Prince of Defeated Country Presented as Tribute

-  Prince being the most enthusiastic or the most dangerous of the two?
-  Honorable Warlord trying to be respectful without damaging his fearsome reputation? Or not caring about the whole thing? Or caring A LOT and being quite offended he's treated like some sleazy barbarian?
-  Is Prince a tribute or has he been sent for an assassination attempt? If the latter, does Warlord suspect it?
-  All in all, I'm okay with lighter/more humorous takes as well as with darker/more twisted ones as long as Prince is not naive or simply a powerless victim. Power plays and mind wars are just as much my thing as awkwardly trying to navigate an unwanted human gift!

Mentor Who Has Been Away For Years/His Former Mentee Who Is Now A Master Himself (M/M)
-  Feel free to play around with the setting: fantasy, drama, weirdness... For discipline, it can be anything - warriors, mad scientists, cultivators, sorcerers, exorcists...
-  I love Mentor/Mentee drama: did Mentor warn his pupil before he left/was kidnapped or believed dead? Does he still treat him as a student (to Mentee's irritation)? Are they on opposite side?
-  Mentor being impressed (reluctantly or now) with Mentee's skills!

Uptight Regency Nobleman/Young Lord He's Betrothed To With a Rakish Reputation
-  Conflict in values/outlook!
-  Learning to understand each others!
-  I'd prefer Young Lord's reputation to be fully earned (whether according to "conventional" Regency standards, or according to More Or Less Weird/Fantasy Regency standards)
-  Uptight Nobleman may have hidden and very surprising depths, like a brief stint as a poet when he was very young or impressive prowesses with a sword?

Winning General/Respected Opposing General Who is Their Postwar Arranged Marriage Spouse
-  I'm fully here for two very strong men and a lot of power dynamics. I'm really not fond of totally one-sided power dynamics except if they evolve toward more equilibrium later and I'm really not good with humilation in that context.
-  Otherwise, I'll love it whether it's more light-hearted or darker!

Male Human/Male Last Member of an Alien Species That Can Get Mpregnant By Any Species
-  Feel free to play around with weird alien anatomy/mating habits!
-  Is the alien trying to seduce the human (with more or less success for Pregnancy purpose?
-  Does accidental pregnancy occurs and everybody panics?
-  Feel free to take the prompt wherever you want it to go!

REQUEST: MIXED SHIPS & GEN
Again: those are only suggestions if you're looking for inspiration! I'll be happy with anything.

Benignly Unscrupulous Victorian Archaeologist/Slightly More Scrupulous Colleague & Mother
-  Feel free to get as pulpy as you feel like on that one. Curses? Irrate mummy? Mother being a more fearsome (either because of her terrible temper and/or her tendency to treat her offspring like a small, fragile chick? I'm here!
-  I'm also very interested with Slightly More Scrupulous Colleague's way of dealing with his colleague! Did he knew about his colleague's unscrupulousness? Did he just realize? Will Benignly Unscrupulous Colleague drag them into trouble without meaning to?

Irresponsible Edwardian Gentleman of Leisure/His Responsible Friend & Lovable Orphan
-  I'm always here for Irresponsible One/Responsible One pairings! Feel free to do whatever you want setting-wise (though I always do love a touch of magic/supernatural, if only in the background).
-  Friend being so tired or pissed off or disbelieving! Irresponsible Gentleman swearing he's about to turn a new leaf (or just happily rushing into things)! Bad Life Choices!
-  Bonus if the Lovable Orphan is lovable only to Irresponsible Gentleman at first, whether because he's a gremlin or very suspicious or a menace to society ("but you'll have to admit that without his unnatural intelligence, we wouldn't have escaped those thugs!!")